How To Sew Pajama Shorts – Easily Refashion Too Short Pajama Pants
Summer is finally here, which means it’s time to break out the shorts! If you’re looking for a quick and easy sewing project, then pajama shorts are the perfect option. In this article, we will show you how to sew pajama shorts.
Pajama shorts are a comfortable and stylish choice for lounging around the house or sleeping. While they may look daunting to sew, they are actually quite simple to make. With a few basic sewing supplies, you can whip up a pair of pajama shorts in no time.
First, choose a comfortable fabric such as cotton or flannel. Cut two rectangles of fabric that are twice the width of your desired shorts, and sew the rectangles together at the sides. Next, hem the top and bottom of the shorts, and use elastic to gather the waist.
Finally, sew a casing for the elastic and insert it into the waistband. Voila! You now have a brand new pair of pajama shorts that are sure to be comfy and cute.
Pajama Shorts Materials
When it comes to choosing the right fabric for your pajama shorts, there are a few things to consider. First, you’ll want to select a fabric that is soft and comfortable against your skin.
Cotton is always a good choice, but you can also look for fabrics like flannel or jersey. Next, you’ll want to consider the weight of the fabric. For warmer months, you’ll want to choose a lightweight fabric that won’t make you too hot at night.
However, if you plan on wearing your pajama shorts year-round, a heavier fabric like flannel will be more suitable. Lastly, keep in mind that some fabrics will require special care when laundering. Be sure to read the care label before purchasing the fabric to avoid any surprises down the road.
With these factors in mind, you’re sure to find the perfect fabric for your pajama shorts.
How To Sew Pajama Shorts From Pajama Pants?
Sewing pajama shorts from pajama pants is a great way to upcycle an old pair of pants into something new and stylish. Pajama shorts are comfortable and can be worn for lounging around the house or sleeping. Plus, they are easy to sew!
Follow these steps to sew your own pajama shorts from pajama pants.
1. Cut off the legs of the pajama pants at the desired length. Make sure to cut them even so that the shorts will be symmetrical.
2. Hem the raw edges of the shorts by folding them over 1/4 inch and then another 1/4 inch. Sew along the folded edge with a straight stitch.
3. Try on shorts to make sure they fit comfortably. Make any necessary adjustments at this time.
4. Add any embellishments you desire, such as pockets, lace, or ribbon. Sew these onto the shorts using a straight stitch.
5. Enjoy your new pajama shorts!
Determining The Short’s Length
The first step in sewing pajama shorts from pajama pants is to determine the desired length of the shorts. To do this, put on the pajama pants and mark where you want to cut them with a piece of chalk or a fabric marker.
Then, take them off and measure the distance from the waistband to the mark. This will be the length of your shorts.
Cutting The Fabric
Once you have determined the length of your shorts, it’s time to cut them out. Place the pajama pants on a flat surface and cut off the legs at the marked line. Make sure to cut them even so that the shorts will be symmetrical.
Sewing The PJ Shorts Seam
PJ Shorts are a great project for a beginner sewer. They are easy to sew and don’t require a lot of fabric. In this tutorial, you will learn how to sew the PJ Shorts Seam.
1. Start by cutting two pieces of fabric that are the same size. The fabric should be about twice the width of your waist and about as long as you want the shorts to be.
2. Fold one piece of fabric in half lengthwise with the wrong side facing out. Pin the two pieces of fabric together along the long edge with the right sides facing each other. Sew along the pinned edge with a straight stitch set at 3/8″ or 1 cm.
3. Trim away any excess fabric from the seam allowance.
4. Fold the fabric so that the right sides are facing out and the seam is in the middle. Pin along the sides and sew with a straight stitch set at 3/8″ or 1 cm.
5. Trim away any excess fabric from the seam allowance and turn the shorts right side out. Press the seams flat.
6. Hem the bottom of the shorts by folding up the fabric 1/2″ or 1 cm and sewing along the edge with a straight stitch.
What To Do With the Extra Leg Fabric?
If you have some extra leg fabric left over from making kids’ pajamas, put it to good use by sewing up a pair of pajama shorts!
This easy sewing project can be completed in just a few minutes, and it’s a great way to use up those scraps of fabric. Plus, your child will love having a pair of custom-made pajama shorts to wear around the house.
To get started, cut two rectangles of fabric that are each 8 inches wide by 12 inches long. Then, fold the fabric in half lengthwise and sew along the side seam.
Next, turn the shorts right-side out and sew along the bottom hem. Finally, add an elastic waistband by cutting a strip of elastic that is 8 inches long and sewing it to the top of the shorts.
Now your child has a brand-new pair of pajama shorts that are perfect for lounging around the house! Plus, they’ll love being able to show off their unique style.
FAQs: How To Sew Pajama Shorts
What Is The Best Type Of Fabric To Use For Pajama Shorts?
What Is The Best Way To Hem The Shorts?
Can I Add Pockets To My Pajama Shorts?
Can I Make Pajama Shorts From Scratch?
Pajama shorts are a great project for beginner sewers. They are easy to make and don’t require a lot of fabric. In this tutorial, you learned how to sew the pajama shorts seam. Now you can put your new skills to use by sewing up a pair of pajama shorts for yourself or for your child.
Hope this article has helped you to understand how to sew pajama shorts. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below. Thanks for reading.